Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A BELIEF SYSTEM IN PLACE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

A BELIEF SYSTEM IN PLACE Empty
PostSubject: A BELIEF SYSTEM IN PLACE   A BELIEF SYSTEM IN PLACE EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 12:56 am

a long time back i wrote about training better when my integrity was better--Richie commented that while he didn't think this meant a literal translation, he appreciated Geoff Thompson's advice to keep
'God on yourside' during a tense time.

that said, anyone that knows me takes with a grain of salt that i'm:
irreverent
undogmatic
just about hate all those forwarded messages that grants prayers and angels, etc...

but...i also stayed for a time on an ashram, and kind feel it's about the individual to sort out, which
is exactly what the ashram delivered.

my cousin in new zealand sent me this--most of my family are Christians, but check this out...
you don't have to be Christian to appreciate it...i'm Buddhist after all.

"Here is the true story...
The son asked his father, 'Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?'.
The father who, despite having a heart condition, says 'Yes'.
They went on to complete the marathon together. Father and son went on to join other marathons, the father always saying 'Yes' to his son's request of going through the race together.
One day, the son asked his father, 'Dad, let's join the Ironman together.' To which, his father said 'Yes' too.
For those who don't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride, and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island.
Father and son went on to complete the race together. View this race here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJMbk9dtpdY

"

STRENGTH FROM A BELIEF SYSTEM...A CODE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com

A BELIEF SYSTEM IN PLACE
Page 1 of 1