Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Has anyone had experience with Russell Stutely?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Beev

Has anyone had experience with Russell Stutely? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone had experience with Russell Stutely?   Has anyone had experience with Russell Stutely? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 5:55 pm

http://www.russellstutely.com/

I just watched a free DVD download that you get if you sign up for his newsletter (something I dont like doing as a rule, but thought it might have something interesting so I signed up) and there are some pretty impressive levels of power demoed.

Has anyone seen more of his material? What is it like? im mostly interested in the power generation stuff. His other stuff im not too concerned with, Richie has already put out more than enough stuff to keep me busy but the power stuff is really intriguing.

Yours,
Beev
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had experience with Russell Stutely?   Has anyone had experience with Russell Stutely? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 7:04 pm

Beev,
forgive me if i missed it. if you haven't made an intro--please do. i might
have been away when you did your.
i too fell into intrigue with online 5 free lesson thingy. i think the double
hip thing is valid. my interpretation is that one uses all their body mechanics
in a spring load short range--partial relaxed state. from what i've seen on
vid, etc...
where i was put off was the whole:
-training on his secret island in space--or whatever
-teaching things never before heard of to man

it had that sensationalist feel to it. and in my humble opinion, there's nothing
new under the sun for technique. what's new is the focus--the mindset. the
physiology under pressure.

it looks good but isn't magic--in other words. it's just sound training advice in
my humble opinion. and all the circuits that get cross-wired and become overloaded.
i'm told there's something to that--i believe Roadkill set me straight on that as i
was an UNBELIEVER prior to that. i believe the key ingredient is heavy handed
intent. something that i believe Russell Stutely has in abundance.

the previously mentioned sensationalist hype that left me distrustful, reminded
me of previous teachers i've met that might teach you well, but you'd find that it
was leaving you out of pocket, or contractually obliging, etc...

nothing i've said so far is anything more than speculative, it's just the way my
mind works when certain catch phrases, etc...come into play. it's why i enjoy Richie's
stuff...all the info on the table--and suggestions are welcome. in such conditions the
learning curve is surprizingly muscle bound.

one take on your question. if you have it to spend, invest and tell us how great it
was. if you don't...train hard and buy stuff like what Richie puts out and rest assure,
it has the added bonus of being pressure tested on the job and not simply in the dojo.

if i had it to spare--i add honestly, i'd buy his course and everyone else's on the planet.
some remarkable stuff is born out of rigor and what one may find is:
-similar anecdotes [validating in of itself]
-something new [also good]

at the end of the day, the best fighter more often than not has logged in many hours on
the training side of things, gotten some real experience, and maintains a white and black
belt attitude--keeping what works and being open to what helps to improve.
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Beev

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had experience with Russell Stutely?   Has anyone had experience with Russell Stutely? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 7:39 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

I also wasnt sold on all of the stuff he has out for the same reasons you have specified. However, his power generation is very impressive which was my main, if not only, interest. Some of the other stuff looks good when you see the short previews but it all seems to be demoed from a match fighting type scenario. Like the BAR stuff looks to be mostly based around catching a bull rushing opponent on his way in. As we have all seen via our own experiences and the online footage that gets put up here regularly this is not a practical way to base all of our training.

But as you say the key ingredient is the intent.

Yours,
Beev
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had experience with Russell Stutely?   Has anyone had experience with Russell Stutely? EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 12:56 am

Russell Stutely has always been in every interaction Ive had with him a polite, intelligent, sincere sort of chap who is genuinely passionate about martial arts and how it applies in a scrap

the sales copy is truly horrible and offensive to the intelligence, but is not written by him, its written by a private company who produces his DVDs, I know of at least one good instructor who has refused to work this company simply because of this habit of writing sensationalist and silly sales copy

I've seen his power generation when I was living in London about 3 years ago and Im pretty sure it was good stuff, not my favourite of his but good. What I really liked was Russell's kyusho application stuff, really had a big influence on me (and on the other lads on the door I passed his videos round to -VHS baby!)

He had a video on kyusho knockouts that I really liked and another on applying kyusho to sort of supercharge grappling submissions- both old material now, but good ones

he gives a way quite a bit of free material on youtube, why not search and check him out first- and drop him an email via the site, tell him what your after, Ive no doubt he'll tell you striaght if he can help or not
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had experience with Russell Stutely?   Has anyone had experience with Russell Stutely? EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 4:35 am

nice to know that beneath the embarassing gift wrap, lies the real deal. perhaps this sort of thing
can be filed under, "don't judge a book by it's cover"

it's funny how much of a gag reflex that sort of advertising triggers. i was drawn to his youtube
stuff initially...then out of curiousity serched his stuff out, then sort of went, "oh, i don't think so"

scratch
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had experience with Russell Stutely?   Has anyone had experience with Russell Stutely? EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 11:57 am

if you want a good old gag-vomit

please check out capt chris, trainer of the SAS and Navy Seals "just by watching these DVDs the techniques will flow into your eyes and into your neurology just like in the Matrix, you dont even have to practise them!"

bbbblllllllueuueueueueueeurrrgh!!

wait, I dont remember eating carrots...
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had experience with Russell Stutely?   Has anyone had experience with Russell Stutely? EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 12:48 pm

captain chris.
ha ha ha ha--burp...fnark...guh guh guh...splash

i've seen it...and it was worth it, i'll now clean the
chunks off of my white shirt and go to work
pale lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had experience with Russell Stutely?   Has anyone had experience with Russell Stutely? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has anyone had experience with Russell Stutely?
Page 1 of 1